Meet Your Area 15 Youth Director - Myla Hochstein
We are so excited to have Myla as the Area 15 Youth Director, which covers the states of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana, as she is one of our own!
Myla actively shows across the country and participates in national Youth activities that promote cutting to young riders. She also helps fundraise for GLCHA Youth programs and awards with Shelby Agnew, one of our directors. They often collect Michigan bottles and cans, raising over $700 just last year!
If you have any questions related to NCHA/ GLCHA Youth activities, or you would like to donate some cans, please reach out to Myla.
Rick DuBay Memorial Youth Scholarship
It was all about the youth with our GLCHA Hall of Famer Rick DuBay. In honor of his dedication to the youth and the cutting horse, the DuBay/Delange family has asked GLCHA to help put together a scholarship program to start next year.
We are off to a great start with a lot of contributions to fund this program, and thanks to all those donors! In addition, we are planning some fund raisers for next year to add to the pot so stay tuned, but more donations are always welcome to help keep it going year-after-year.
Here are the details at this time for the program:
• First award of $750 for the high point GLCHA youth for the 2022 GLCHA approved show season.
• Second award for $250 for the reserve high point GLCHA youth for the 2022 GLCHA approved show season.
• Youth must be a 2022 GLCHA and NCHA member in good standing.
• The youth must walk to the herd in at least 1/3 of the approved GLCHA shows during the 2022 GLCHA show season.
• Award certificates will be given at the GLCHA Awards Banquet at the conclusion of the show season.
• The awards will be held in escrow in the youth’s name with the NCHA Foundation to be redeemed at a later time and payable to the youth’s college or university.
If you would like to also contribute to the scholarship program, please write and send your checks to GLCHA at (and note on the memo line “DuBay Scholarship”)
DuBay Scholarship c/o GLCHA
10279 Fieldstone Ct.
Goodrich, MI 48438